Friday 17 August 2012

Culture in Media Thoughts

       A bold and unique culture usually found in an isolated place where everybody seems to follow to a certain rules or habits. In a more diverse place however, is sometimes not very strong. Recently, the London Olympics has gotten the most attention from the world. Everyone still remembers how great the opening ceremony of Beijing Olympics in 2008 back then, and people think that there is no way London was going to beat that. And they are right, I personally think that the opening ceremony in London was okay. It was grand and hype with all the fireworks and performances, but there is nothing really memorable. Unlike the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony which I still can picture it in my mind. People said that it's because of the unique culture elements that China has. England on the other hand, is very diverse.
       This makes me think of my own country, Indonesia. Indonesia is a multicultural country itself. It has more than eighteen thousand islands, over five hundred languages and dialects, three hundred ethnic groups, and five different religions. But the interesting thing is despite of our backgrounds, I'm sure if I say batik represents Indonesia, most of them will agree.

1 comment: