Friday 17 August 2012

Thoughts on Culture

        The first thing that comes across my mind when I heard the word "culture" is religion. The two are not the same, but are highly related. As well as religion, culture needs followers. You might have unique routine that you do everyday, but you can't call it a culture unless other people do it too. But how many people needed for something to be called a culture? Does it measure how good or bad a culture is? As for the number, I don't think there's a specific number for something to be called a culture, but it definitely doesn't tell whether a culture is bad or good. It may measure the strength of it, but it doesn't make a culture right or wrong. In religion, there is nothing as the best religion or the worst religion. My uncle who studies religions told me that every religion in the purest form is beautiful, but sometimes people misinterpret it and turn it into something else. Culture sometimes can be very weird and unusual, and makes you think why do these people do these kind of stuff. Well, I think it's the matter of beliefs. They set their minds into something, and the do what they believe in. and I think we should respect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment